Carbon Core EMax Electric 90

Antworten
Carbon Core

#1 Carbon Core EMax Electric 90

Beitrag von Carbon Core »

Hello to everyone on the forum as this is my first post!
I live in Yorkshire, England and I’ve been flying helis for about 7 years now and started on gliders a few years before that.

This has been an on-going project for some time now.
I had an earlier version made back in 2009 which has been flying without any issues for two years on the Scorpion 4035-400Kv, 11T pinion and 12S 4500’s.

This is my EMax – At the time there were few choices in 12S eHelis and I wanted something with the CG much closer to the rotors for better cyclic. The kit is based on the Quick UK VMax as I wanted to keep all the Push-Pull levers to unload the servos if I ever decided to re-build it as flybarless.

I keep adding to the virtual model as I only originally intended to just design a frame but it turned into a bit of a hobby and now I’ve nearly drawn the whole thing!I keep adding to the virtual model as I only originally intended to just design a frame but it turned into a bit of a hobby and now only need to draw the tail and a proper canopy.

Next I’m wondering if I should go to the Scorpion Commander OPTO ESC and try to find reasonable 2S LiPo servos, since the Rx and gyros are already 7.4V compatible.
But the cost of the HV servos may offset the cost of the JIVE with the inbuilt BEC.

I’m going to be trying the 4035-330Kv motor next with a 12T pinion and so I’ve drawn the spiral can and fitted it to the old 400Kv in the CAD model!

Carbon Core

#2 Re: Carbon Core EMax Electric 90

Here is the latest render of the E-Max.

Bigger battery plates to secure and protect the battery.

The front battery "clamp" has also been made more slender to allow this electric 90 to fit inside the Raptor X50 canopy.

The frame is cut directly from this CAD model and I'm aiming to build a flybarless E-Max in the next few weeks.

It's an electric conversion for the Quick UK V-Max, or a CCPM and electric conversion for the Raptor 90.

torro
#3 Re: Carbon Core EMax Electric 90

Beitrag von torro »

i can´t see the pictures?!?
Gruß, Flo

Diabolo,3xSB-2271SG,SB2283MG, Ikon,YGE160HVXX+großerbösermotor, LinusBEC
Diabolo550 3xHV9767, SB-2272MG, Brain, YGE120LVK+passtgraadso,LV2BEC
450L3xDS430,1xDS525,Brain,YGE60+Giftzwerg
Carbon Core

#4 Re: Carbon Core EMax Electric 90

I can with IE8 and firefox. Is anyone else having trouble viewing the embedded YouTube videos?
Carbon Core

#5 Re: Carbon Core EMax Electric 90

Here's a short 3D video filmed on a mate's mobile phone this morning:

Carbon Core

#6 Re: Carbon Core EMax Electric 90

I set-out Sunday morning to go flying with the intention of pushing the heli the hardest I could. Met up with a mate at the club field at 8am and did three flights.

I managed some tic-tocs and piroflips but maybe had the wrong mindset as I ended up flying around at speed a lot instead of trying to make it neat. This is maybe the best I've flown and with a near crash on the 2nd flight (4:25) I must be improving!

Got a rolling circle going in this one!

Tried some Cuban Eights, almost managed an inverted funnel, nearly ploughed it in at 4:25!

This vid's (can also be viewed in HD) a side-view of my personal E-Max

Antworten

Zurück zu „Thunder Tiger“